POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spelling : Re: Spelling Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spelling
From: Matthew Bennett
Date: 5 Sep 1999 13:58:14
Message: <37d2af36@news.povray.org>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in message

> Greetings,
>
> I am having difficulty understanding the different spelling and meaning
> of the following words and am seeking someone who can advise me on the
> correct spelling and usage of each:
>
> Modeling
>
> Modelling
>
> Modeler
>
> Modeller

Unlike Robert's Outlook Express, my own OE only accepts modelling/modeller
(with double Ls).  From the timezone information I'm guessing he's in the
USA, so probably using a US English spellchecker.  As I'm in the UK, I'm
using a British English spellchecker.

From this I'd assume the difference in spelling is a difference between US
and UK English, with the single "L" being US and the double "L" being UK.
Since POVRay accepts both, I think it's fair enough if we do too ;)

/\/\/\//